Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rachel's Taqueria

This place has decent food. I come here every so often for a quick bite. However...

My bf was in the mood for some tacos so we went over to Rachel's. It was a Tuesday and we noticed they have a Tuesday "Buy one taco platter get the second free" night.

We sat down and was looking at the little sign advertising the special on the table to see if there were any restrictions. The waitress saw we were looking at it and added that the special only applies to the Titos Taco Platter (Ground beef tacos) or the Lupe Taco Platter (Choice of meat or vegetable).

So fine, that was what we wanted to order anyway. It comes down to ordering, and I decided I wanted a California burrito and the boyfriend was going to get the special. Waitress comes over and I started first. The burrito comes with two choices of meat and/or vegetable so I opted for the pork and the corn. Then she asks the bf what he wanted. He says I want one Lupe Platter and one Tito Platter. The waitress then informs us that he can't get the second platter free since I ordered my California burrito.

So bear with me a second. According to the waitress, I ordered my entree already, said burrito, and the special only works if I ordered a taco platter and then he orders a taco platter, and then one of them is free. I gave her a really confused face, so she says, "Let me go ask the manager". OK. She comes back and reaffirms her position. I say, "But I'm ordering another entree, arn't you losing money this way?".

Think about it:

one taco platter + one taco platter + one Tuesday Special = one taco platter

OR

one taco platter + one taco platter + one Tuesday Special + one California Burrito = one taco platter + one California Burrito

So what happens if I was by myself and I wanted to order the special. Okay, I'm starting to get facetious now, let me stop.

Since I was starving at that point and I was irritated at this whole thing, I change my order to the Tito tacos and the boyfriend orders the Lupes tacos and peace is restored. (It should be noted, Lupes tacos typically comes with a choice of meat. The boyfriend wanted steak, but was told he could only get chicken or pork for the special.)

Overall this place is okay but what silly special restrictions.

Rachel's Taqueria
408 5th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11215
718-788-1137

Rachel's Taqueria on Urbanspoon

No comments: