Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pan Fried Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables


So at my attempts to not eat out, but eat in, I've been reading up on my Chinese cooking. I had an unusual craving for pan fried noodles. There is nothing like going to yum cha, having some little dim sum plates and then sharing this noodle dish with the family. I love how the sauce seeps into the noodles making them crunchy and soft all at the same time. With my attempt to get that crunchiness, I slightly burned the noodles a bit. Nonetheless, it was still delish.

My first attempt at one of the recipes in Eileen Lo's Chinese Kitchen. The sauce wasn't as thick as the ones in the restaurant but that could be due to the fact I didn't use as much corn starch. I also added some green chili's and some fish sauce. I may add more next time around as I don't think the sauce imparted that much flavor.

No comments: