Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sourdough Sage Stuffing


The picture above doesn't do the dish justice as I took the picture with my blackberry.

As of late, going out drinking and clubbing all night has lost its interest. So when my friend Corinna invited me to a friend's Potluck dinner I jumped at the opportunity. At the time, the main course was Roast Turkey (it later changed to Irish Beef Stew), so I decided to make a Sourdough and Sage stuffing. Initially I had wanted to make a Challah stuffing, but I could't find a loaf that was to my liking. Sourdough had to do. I threw in some freshly chopped sage and parsley with some stock and it was good to do go. I was unsure of the food that would be at the party so I chose something easy on the palate. I initially wanted to go with the spam masubi. Next time. :)

When thinking of which pot to use to make it, I decided on my trusty Le Cruset dutch oven. Although it was a drag to carry it via subway, it definiety retained the heat well (this was important as it was snowing outside when I left), as well as perfectly cooking the stuffing, while keeping the asthetic appeal. I used the rubber band from my Crock Pot to keep it securely closed during the trip.

I had a great time at the dinner. Lots of glasses of wine was poured. Many dishes of food were eaten. Its crazy with what a small world it is. Neil was the host. He knows Corinna since they were ex-coworkers. I know Corinna since we were interns at the same company (Almost seven years now). At the party I ran into a girl who went to the same high school. I only know her since I was a senior and she was a freshman and we both ran cross country together. Her boyfriend also went to the same high school and both were also friends with my brother. The boyfriend knew the host since he also worked at the same company as me, Corinna, my brother and Neil. My brother also worked at the same company for a short while.

Small world, eh?

1 comment:

boulevardsg said...

The picture shown here does not do justice to the photo.
Sports bars in Singapore