Monday, January 5, 2009

Bar Toto

We went there for New Year Day brunch and it was quite delish. I had been there a few times and always enjoyed my food every time I was there. I've eaten dinner there once, but I find their brunch menu to be much better. Although, I might be remembering the dinner as less than favorable because of the company I was with. Another reason I love the place is the proximity. Its only two streets (not avenues) away.

When we got there, we had to wait for a table. The boyfriend even commented that from the outside it doesn't look that busy. I guess one of the reasons why I like the place. Quiet, unassuming delicious food. Seems everyone had the right idea for their first New Year meal. If you do frequent the place, make sure to close the curtain after you enter or ensure they are closed when you leave. Those inside will appreciate it.

I ordered myself a Bloody Mary and the Rigatoni with Roasted Eggplant & Smoked Mozzarella. The boyfriend ordered the Chicken Mozzarella Panini topped with Onions and Prosciutto and a side of the fries. Both were delicious. I love eggplant and I love pasta with eggplant. I ate up every little drop. The boyfriend also loved his sandwich and the fries. I don't know why I ordered the Bloody Mary, given that I never really had one. But it was tasty. It had fresh horseradish in it with green olives and a peppercino pepper. We left the restaurant full and satisfied.

Then Saturday came around, we woke up, we were hungry. The boyfriend was so happy with his sandwich we went back for lunch. He wanted to try the Panini Burger, and that he did. He ordered the Brooklyn Panini Burger, substituted with Mozzarella instead of American, and I ordered the Eggs De Parma. The Eggs De Parma, are two eggs stacked and baked on a piece of flatbread with onion, prosciutto, and provolone cheese served with a side of fries. Yum, yum, yum. The burger did not disappoint as the boyfriend was almost licking his fingers and I was scraping up all the yummy eggs.

The place was still decorated with the New Year's decoration of simple bunches of streamers hanging from the ceiling. One of the employees said it only took him an hour to put them up. The boyfriend thought if it was him, it would take him six.

I love this place and is one of my favorites. I have yet to leave there unsatisfied. I highly recommend the place.

Bar Toto
411 11th St
Brooklyn, NY 11215
http://www.bartoto.com/

Bar Toto on Urbanspoon

No comments: